Heavy Duty Diesel Mechanic - Workshop 8/6 Family Friendly Roster Day Shift Only
Are you ready to take the next step in developing your career with a progressive expanding business committed to client satisfaction as a key measure of business success?
Axis Hire is a rapidly expanding truck and earth moving hire company operating in the Mining, Civil and Construction sectors throughout Australia. Axis Hire has become a name that’s synonymous with high quality, long term fleet hire Axis Hire operates nationally with our head office located in Bunbury, Western Australia. Axis is a dynamic, fast paced, hands on organisation that encourages accountability, engagement and continuous improvement across the business.
Do you want more family time? Our Bunbury workshop is looking for multiple Heavy-Duty Mechanics to join our team on an 8 days on, 6 days off roster, 12 hour shifts (day shift, with the occasional night shift required), to give you the work life balance you’ve always wanted in the South West, allowing you to be home with your family every night.
The successful candidates will be required to undertake mechanical repairs and refurbishment to earthmoving equipment including component rebuilding, as well as complete all required job cards, paperwork and safety requirements.
The successful applicants will be responsible for carrying out maintenance on our fleet to the highest standard. To be successful, the following is required:
- Australian Recognised Heavy Duty Mechanical or Mechanical Fitter Trade Qualification
- Proven experience with machinery including excavators, dozers, dump trucks and other heavy equipment
- Extensive experience with CAT, Komatsu, Liebherr and Hitachi equipment, and a solid understanding of hydraulics, electrical and pneumatic diagnosis
- A safety-first attitude
- Current drivers’ licence
- Ability to work successfully within a team, autonomously and unsupervised
- Willingness to work away when required at remote locations will be considered favourably.
Benefits of working at with us:
- Permanent Bunbury Residential Position
- $60 per hour
- Day Shift Only
- 8 days on, 6 days off
- Long term job security
- Fantastic team environment and culture
- Dynamic growing business.
If you are interested in taking your career to the next level click the ‘Apply’ button today!
Applicants must have Australian residency to be considered for this role. Only applicants that currently reside in Australia will be considered.
Heavy Road Transport Mechanic
Axis Hire is a rapidly expanding truck and earth moving hire company operating in the Mining, Civil and Construction sectors throughout Australia. Axis Hire has become a name that’s synonymous with high-quality, long-term fleet hire. Axis Hire operates nationally with our head office located in Bunbury, Western Australia. Axis is a dynamic, fast paced, hands on organisation that encourages accountability, engagement and continuous improvement across the business.
An opportunity has arisen for a self-motivated Truck Mechanic to join the team based in Bunbury and remote mine sites as required. The successful candidate will be required to undertake mechanical repairs on our range of fleet but not limited to;
- Prime Movers
- Heavy Haulage trailers
- Fuel Trucks
- Service Trucks
- Heavy Rigid Trucks
- Water Trucks
- Light Vehicles
The successful applicant will be responsible for carrying out maintenance on our fleet to the highest standard, your duties will include but not be limited to;
- Effectively diagnose and find faults in the mechanical assessment of all aspects of the HV truck fleet and trailers
- General servicing of trucks and trailers
- Fit out of new vehicles
- Repairs to driveline components, underbody, brakes, bearings and suspension
- Part allocation to service reports
- Carrying out a diverse range of mechanical repairs
- Possible field service work
Key Attributes & Qualifications
- Relevant trade certificate
- Strong commitment to health and safety in the workplace
- Current Australian drivers’ licence – HR Desirable
- A proactive time manager able to be self-sufficient with a focus on results-based outcomes
- A positive approach to challenge & change with the ability to be agile and adaptable
- Excellent diagnostic, fault finding, troubleshooting and preventative maintenance skills.
- The ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously with high attention to detail
- The ability to mentor and develop Apprentices on your team
- Willingness to work away when required at remote locations.
- The ability to pass a pre-employment medical and provide a National Police Check.
Benefits working at Axis Hire:
- Permanent Position
- Competitive salary
- Monday to Friday – with occasional weekends as required
- Diverse range of vehicles and plant to work on
- Opportunity to further develop and upskill into different fields of maintenance
Applicants must have Australian residency to be considered for this role.
If you believe you meet the criteria and are looking for an opportunity to join a professional, growing company with a positive and strong safety culture then please apply now.